What is private instruction?
Jump right into training by registering for Private Instruction! Our Private Instruction caters to the student’s specific shooting needs, allowing all students to hone their desired skills. Students can be trained on handguns, rifles, and shotguns. Please note your preference when completing the Private Instruction Form.
Most Private Instructions begin with a few minutes of classroom time. This time allows the instructor and student to get acquainted, cover goals and review basic firearm safety. Following the classroom, students will begin live-fire drills on the range or may continue working on the fundamentals using one of our state-of-the-art simulators. Private Instruction will follow a pace that is best suited for the individual student.
Students and instructors are paired up based on the student’s desired skills, current skill level, and the topic of instruction. Students may request a particular Instructor if they wish.
Private Instruction Pricing & Details
Private instruction is done on a prescheduled hourly basis for $95.00 (plus tax) and includes:
- Instruction for two guests
- Firearm Rental
- Eye Protection
Please note the following:
- Private Instruction is only available for U.S. Citizens or Permanent Residents. Valid photo identification is required at check-in.
- You may bring your own firearm for private instruction. Please make sure your firearm is unloaded and in a case prior to entering the facility.
- Students may train with rifles, handguns, and shotguns as long as the firearm and/or ammunition are not listed under our prohibited items.
- If you are renting a firearm from us, you will need to purchase ammunition from our facility on the same day as your instruction.
- Please ensure that all participating students meet the appropriate age requirements for your desired training.
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your instruction. This time will permit you to complete the range waiver, watch our safety video or purchase any supplies needed.
Private Instruction Registration & Cancellation Policy
Registration & Payment
To register and pay for private instruction please complete the form below. Please note that the day, time, and the instructor is a preference and cannot be guaranteed. Our Education Coordinators will make every effort to accommodate your preferences. Private Instruction must be registered for at least a minimum of one week before your preferred date. This time permits our coordinators to schedule a time that works best for you and our instructor. After completing the form, our Education Coordinators will reach out to you via email or phone.
A minimum of 48-hours notice must be given to a Triangle Shooting Academy Education Coordinator to avoid forfeiting your private instruction payment.
If notification is given 48-hours prior to your scheduled private instruction, students may be rescheduled for a future date or receive a full refund. If a student wishes to reschedule, they may reschedule the private instruction once. Multiple reschedules are not permitted.
If the 48-hour window has closed and they cannot make their scheduled date and time, they can reschedule their private instruction by paying a $35.00 rescheduling fee. This rescheduling fee will be permitted to be used once per private instruction fee. Multiple reschedules are not permitted.
However, if the 48-hour window has closed and a student cancels their private instruction due to a medical emergency, the student must provide a doctor’s note stating they could not attend that specific date and time.
To reschedule or cancel, please send an email to Education@TriangleShootingAcademy.com or call (919) 802-2040 ext. 117. Please leave a voicemail if this extension does not answer.