Buy, Sell & Trade
Triangle Shooting Academy offers services in buying used firearms, selling used firearms and accepting used firearms in trades for other firearms or accessories. Consignment and layaway are also available. Please continue reading or select which service you are interested in.
I want to:
BUY & TRADE SERVICES – Selling or Trading your Firearm
Triangle Shooting Academy is always looking to add to our Used Firearm Selection. If you have a firearm you are interested in selling or using as a trade, please make sure that you follow the below criteria.
- Make sure the firearm is unloaded and cased prior to bringing it inside the facility
- Bring any original boxes, manuals, or other materials that were originally sold with it. These items increase the value of the firearm.
- Bring any additional firearm accessories you wish to sell with the firearm.
- We do not purchase or accept ammunition from guests. If you do not want any ammunition, you may surrender it over to us to be destroyed.
- Please bring in your firearm during a weekday. This will ensure we have enough time to evaluate your firearm and provide you with an appropriate offer. During peak times, guests who wish to sell or trade their firearm may have to wait until an approved Team Member is available to appraise your firearm.
- Quotes and estimates cannot be given over the phone or the internet.
- Triangle Shooting Academy has the right to refuse the purchase of any firearm. Reasons we may not purchase a firearm include but are not limited to the condition of the firearm or the firearm/caliber is not in demand.
Once a price has been agreed on, guests will receive their payment by in-store credit or by check. In-store credit will always be issued the same day. Payment by check is typically the same day, however, in some cases, check payments may be delayed until an available manager can issue it. Cash payment is not an option currently.
SELL – Buy a used Firearm from Triangle Shooting Academy
Triangle Shooting Academy has established an ever-changing Used Firearm Selection! All used firearms are test-fired to assure they are properly functioning prior to being available for purchase. All used firearms are sold as-is.
CONSIGNMENT – Selling your Firearm through Triangle Shooting Academy
Guests are permitted to consign approved firearms. Please carefully read over the consignment terms below.
- The consignment Term is a maximum of 180 days from the date of the agreement.
- If the firearm has not been sold within 90 days, an evaluation with the consignor will be made.
- A minimum of 45-day consignment is required. If the item is retrieved prior to the 45 days, a $60.00 processing fee will be charged.
- Triangle Shooting Academy will receive 20% of the selling price if the firearm is sold on our showroom floor. There is a minimum consignment fee of $60.00.
- If a firearm is sold through an online auction site or listing source, the fee is 20% of the selling price and consignee will receive the net of the selling price minus the listing fees, 20% consignment fee and any additional shipping fees. Consignee will add a shipping charge to the listing to cover the majority of the shipping cost.
- Consigner will be paid within 30 days from the selling date of the firearm(s) by check mailed to the address listed on the consignment agreement.
- If consignor decides to have the aforementioned firearm(s) returned after 45 days, Federal Law requires all appropriate forms be filled out, and a NICS/Background check be performed. To cover Triangle Shooting Academy’s expense of labor, a $25.00 fee will apply to all returned firearms.
LAYAWAY – Putting a Firearm on Layaway
- Due to the recent high demand for firearms, our layaway program has been temporarily suspended until further notice. Thank you for your understanding.
- Not all firearms are eligible for the layaway program. Firearms on sale, special order firearms, limited quantity firearms, or any other firearm specified by management will not be eligible for layaway. See store for details on select firearms.
- 30% of the total amount is due at the start of the layaway.
- The full balance must be paid within 90 days from the start of the layaway
- After 90 days, uncompleted layaways will be returned to inventory and any amount paid will be forfeited.
- All canceled layaways will have a 15% restocking fee. Annual Members, VIP Members and Investors have a 30-day grace period before restocking fees apply.
- If the item on layaway is marked down during the 90 days, the initial amount due is required to be paid.